Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Listening

I am the 1st one who went back to PD i think. Is a vacation, just following my f-ly, me myself is hoping to find peace thru silence and rest??
A one night Stay, is kinda short and i really did not realize it is so short. In fact, the only time i got the time to quiet down is on the way to PD and a mere 20 mins b4 check-out. I did went to the beach but spent time with f-ly, a short time though.
I knew i needed rest and inner-peace that only God can provide, i want His guide and direction but with the 'holiday' being short, maybe, i was left to think over it. My reflection and to-do-list did not finish at all. The sound of the ocean is so nice, it provided the best environment for me, yet...
It had nothing to do with the environment, it had to do with your own heart... We've learn that a heart that is unhurried and silent can listen God. It's not that did you do your QT, it's abt finding God with you heart, whole-heart.
"hearing without listening", listening is different from hearing. Dont hear, listen, we are even called to do more than listening, we're to obey. God Bless!!

2 comments:

andrew wong said...

hmm... listening... i wonder whether i ever listen to God's voice or not...

i don't think i even hear...

enochwithyou said...

well, hu tell u have to use ear??
even prayer, it is actually conversation, it's about listening and talking, listen more by right...